The National Endowment for the Arts in cooperation with Arts Midwest presents: Shakespeare for a New Generation
The National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest presents Shakespeare for a New Generation. Idaho Shakespeare Festival is one of 42 professional theater companies selected to participate in Shakespeare for a New Generation, bringing the finest productions of Shakespeare to middle- and high-school students in communities across the United States. This is the tenth year of Shakespeare for a New Generation, the largest tour of Shakespeare in American history.
|This program is supported in part by a grant from the Idaho Humanities Council’s Endowment for Humanities Education.|
Shakespearience presents Much Ado About Nothing
2013 Brochure with full info available in the sidebar.
by William Shakespeare
Available March 4 – May 3, 2013
Recommended for students grades 7 – 12
Just as the title suggests, there is a whole lot of commotion over a whole lot of nothing in this delightful, funny, and fast paced comedy. Having just returned from war, Claudio falls in love with beautiful Hero and vice versa and the two plan to marry. However, the villainous Don John sets out to break up the happy young couple by slandering the innocent Hero with false accusations and fake evidence. In the meantime, friends of the stubborn Benedick and righteous Beatrice conspire for the obstinate/pugnacious pair to fall in love. After Claudio and Hero’s wedding is ruined, the self-assured Dogberry vows to discover the truth of what happened. Hero’s family suspect slander and decide to pretend that Hero died from shock. Dogberry uncovers Don John’s evil plot, eventually Hero is revealed to be alive, the marriage goes ahead as planned, Benedick and Beatrice actually do fall in love, and everyone takes to dancing!
The following is a chart of the 2013 Shakespearience Tour.
|Western||3/4 – 3/8|
|Eastern||3/11 – 3/15|
|Western||3/18 – 3/22|
|Northern||3/25 – 3/29|
|Western||4/1 – 4/5|
|Eastern||4/8 – 4/12|
|Western||4/15 – 4/19|
|Northern||4/22 – 4/26|
|Western||4/29 – 5/3|
Performances are made possible by a generous community of funders who support our efforts to make theater accessible, relevant, exciting and fun. Please join us in thanking them for their support of the arts and their commitment to education.
- Arts Midwest
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Shakespeare for a New Generation
- Boise City Department of Arts & History
- Idaho Commission on the Arts
- OfficeMax Boise Community Fund
- Idaho Humanities Council and National Endowment for the Humanities
- Laura Moore Cunningham Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- Idaho Community Foundation and the following funds:
- F.M., Anne G. & Beverly B. Bistline Foundation
- Betty Ann Diehl Greatest Need Fund for Bonner County
- Eastern Region Greatest Need Fund
- Gladys E. Langroise Advised Fund
- Perc H. Shelton & Gladys Pospisil Shelton Advised Fund
- James A. Pinney Memorial Fund
- Home Federal Foundation
- Idaho Power Foundation
- The Whittenberger Foundation